Sunday, May 3, 2009

I just realized something...

Today marks a year since I got rid of my Honda Passport and got my Raleigh Comfort bike. I quit driving in early April of 2008 but I was taking the bus and riding my old target bought bike (bad bike, too small for me). But I didn't make the commitment until May 3rd 2008.

Of course my Raleigh bike broke just 6 months after purchase. I love my Flying Pigeon but I still kind of miss that Raleigh.

My body has changed a bit, I got muscles. I used to get a bronchitis flare up at least once a year. Two weeks ago I got a really bad cold, I thought I got bronchitis again, because I was coughing so bad. The doctor told me my lungs were strong and that I should keep biking. No bronchitis flare up since I started riding. I've met some great cycling peeps in LA and spend quiet some time getting reacquainted with elements of the city that I wouldn't have noticed had I been stuck in my apartment, at work or in a car.

It's been a pretty good year. :)

5 comments:

The Jolly Crank said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jon said...

Wow, your riding anniversary is my birthday! Happy times to you!

She Rides a Bike said...

It's been a little over a year for us too. We are now a single car family but are on the bikes most of year, except when there streets and paths are covered with snow.

suede said...

awesome. I am pretty committed to riding all the time as well, especially since the transmission died on my car last month. No matter, ever since I discovered how awesome biking is I've been wanting to give the car up. Now my wish has come true.

Anonymous said...

I know it's late, but congrats on your year. I'm coming up on mine too--it's fantastic.

Your bike is positively lovely.

out riding

out riding
riding my flying pigeon