Wednesday, January 21, 2009

She's ALIVE!!!!

Yeah, I haven't blogged in forever. So, I hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Yule, New Years, etc. etc.

I've been fine, just out riding, hanging around with the boyfriend and working my fingers to the bone. My boyfriend and I started South Beach Diet after the New Year and I lost about 17 pounds in the first two weeks. Also learned a lot about my metabolism and stuff. I really needed it. Even though my commute is 30 miles round trip each day, I pretty much used that as an excuse to eat whatever the hell I wanted, and my weight loss has halted in the last few months. I actually gained weight over the holidays, bicycling and all. Now, after the past two weeks, all I need is to lose 3 more pounds and I will have officially lost 100 pounds (since leaving my Ex-husband and starting a more healthier life). 100 POUNDS!! Bicycling had a big part in that. :D

Speaking of which, if any of y'all are interested in buying a Flying Pigeon (I'm not selling mine). Might I suggest you get a few things on it replaced. Like the basket, mine is falling apart, so I will replace it soon. The tires, anyone who commutes and rides as much as I do should look into investing some good tires. My bike guy is going to put some of these on my bike. I can't wait.

Also, replace the seat. My saddle is comfortable, I can ride for 30 miles with no problem, but my seat broke tonight! I was already planning on replacing it, but I hoped it would be on my own terms. One of the suspension coils just snapped 5 miles into my ride home from work. Even though I've lost 97 pounds, that is a pretty big blow to my self-esteem. damn saddle.

I wonder if my bike guy can replace it. Even if he can, LA Flying Pigeon shop is closed until February, so I will be out of the saddle until at least then. They are busy taking a very well deserved vacation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goodie...you're back!
ohh...nice weight loss story. And despite your bicycle commute, your metabolism can still be problematic? Dang. I learned from you on this post. Yep, Holiday overeating has made me run from any cameras until I go on a reduced calorie/south beach diet kind of routine myself.

out riding

out riding
riding my flying pigeon