Sunday, August 10, 2008

The menacing skunk

On the bike path I take home, there is a skunk that lives in the bushes to the side. There are quite a few big trees, bushes and shrubbery to the side of the bike path in Van Nuys. Provides wonderful shade in midday and just the right conditions for many an animal to thrive.

I see her every now and then. I'm sure it's a "her" because she's vicious, like a mother protecting her young. The first time I saw her, she was 20 feet away from me. On her hind legs, shreiking (or whatever the hell they do) at me while I sped past on my bicycle. She scared the hell out of me! I was relieved by the time I got home and didn't have the smell of menacing skunk on me. My coworker/friend who rides the same bike path home has seen her as well.

The other night, on my way home. I pass by two older cyclists sitting off to the side on a cement bench, enjoying a pit stop. I smell the unmistakeable odor of mary jane. It's dark and the trees hide many things. The perfect conditions for someone to get their high on (weed is not my cup of tea, but I'm not one to judge).

Anyway, as I'm passing by the stoner cyclists and all of the sudden the shrubs behind them start shaking, like there's an animal there. The dudes are startled, stand up and clear the hell away from there. I can almost smell the skunk, but by this time, I've already passed them on my bike. LMAO Bet those cyclist dudes were really tripping out. :D

No comments:

out riding

out riding
riding my flying pigeon