Monday, June 2, 2008

I'll just copy all my cycling related myspace blogs here...

Because I wanted to spread my tentacles out and beyond myspace to other cyclists, both seasoned and n00bs (like me).

here's my first blog about cycling, posted on myspace on April 3rd.
___________________________________________

Gas prices sure do suck you guys...
It's getting up there to $3.60 now. Two weeks ago it costed $65 just to fill up my gas tank (gas was $3.40 then). I love driving, but not that much. At this point, I've had enough. I know I told my boyfriend (Mr. Wonderful) that I was going to stop driving when gas got to be $4, but I don't want to go that far.

But I got a solution since the weather is pretty nice in my area. I started riding my bike again. Bought some bus tokens because I am not yet ready to ride my bike for the entire 11 miles to work (I got a long commute).

I lost 60 pounds the last time I was riding my bike, then I inherited my SUV, started going to the gym. Lost 20 more. Gained 9, lost 4 and hit a plateau that I have not been able to get past for the past few months. boo, plateaues suck you guys!

This time around, I am waking up wicked early and riding the bus to the other side of the Valley. Ride my bike the few miles to the gym, workout, shower, ride my bike the few of miles to work. Work, then ride about a mile and a half to the bus stop and go home. I'm averaging about 7 miles a day. But this time it's even harder because I'm going to the gym as well. It's kicking my ass, you know. But's that's ok, because my legs are looking great.
I missed riding my bicycle. It's fun. Some small part of me missed taking the bus as well. I'm a weirdo-magnet, EVERYONE speaks to me on the bus. I don't know if it's some vibe I give off or what, but I meet someone nearly every time I take the bus. Just the other night I was talking to some dude about how the government should not take away our 2nd Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms. (but that's a whole 'nother blog)

I figure I'll drive only if I absolutely have to, like if I need to go grocery shopping or something. One thing I do miss about driving, I miss getting to sing along to my loud music, you wont see me doing that on the bus, or at work, or even in my shower...

___________________________________________

yep, that was the beginning...

I'll be cross posting the rest of the blogs soon...

No comments:

out riding

out riding
riding my flying pigeon